In 1956, Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Museum was established through the joint efforts of Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai, a well-known Ahmedabad-based industrialist, and Jain acharya Punya Vijayji.
The museum has three galleries. The Smt. Madhuri Desai gallery exhibits a wide ranging variety of sculptures with different styles existing in Indian heritage. The Muni Punyavijayji gallery collection hold artefacts assembled by Punya Vijayji during the 1940s, and consists of palm leaf manuscripts. A special item to see at the museum is the earliest painted paper manuscript from 1396 A.D., which is recognised as a ‘global treasure’ by UNESCO. The Priyakant T. Munshaw gallery has a representative collection of historical phases of Indian coinage.