The Baudashree Archaeological Museum, located in the town of Guntur, has collections including Buddhist sculptures, a limestone statue of Buddha, rock-cut sculptures relocated from Sekuru, Divuladinne and Amudalapalle, bronze and copper plates, palm leaf manuscripts, coins, paintings and prehistoric artefacts.
In May 1956, S. Bhagwan Das, a collector, established Buddha Vihar in the town of Guntur, and was subsequently converted into a museum in 1975. However, in 1977, the cyclone that had devastated Diviseema severely damaged the museum and repairs had to be made. Another major construction was done in 1992, when a new building was set up where the artefacts were moved. Currently maintained by the Department of Archaeology and Museums of Andhra Pradesh the museum was renamed as Baudhasree Archaeological Museum.
Rs.1 for children